Going to a theme park is always a nice time for the kids, which get to experience a lot of new and fascinating locations. If you live in California, you have a ton of theme parks you can go and enjoy a nice day. We’ve made a list of five location for you to visit.
1. Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim – A Disney and Pixar themed park, with a lot of characters from those universes. You have dining areas, rides, attractions and entertainment opportunities for a day trip. The park was opened in 2001 and covers 72 acres of land in Anaheim area, offering visitors a lot of areas like:
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Radiator Spring Racers
- Disney Animation Building
- Paradise Pier
- Disney Electrical Parade
- World of Color
- Pixar Play Parade
- The Five & Dime
- Hollywood Land
- Grizzly Peak
And many more that you can discover by visiting this theme park.
2. Universal Studios Hollywood – if you want immerse yourself in the film industry, that theme park is just for your and your kids. You can check out famous sets from Universal Studios Movies, check out the dresses or suits worn by celebrities in the film industry and experience how it is to be in a movie. It’s one of the older theme parks in the USA.
You can check out attractions like:
- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem – a 3D Motion simulator
- Silly Swirly – aerial carousel with ride spins with a 360 degree view of “Super Silly Fun Land”
- Studio Tour – a tram ride that offers you a tour Universal Studios back lot, with sets and backdrops used in many of their films
- Simpsons Ride – another motion simulator in the Simpson’s World
- The Wizzarding World of Harry Potter with attraction like roller coaster, dark ride and live shows.
3. Legoland in Carlsbad – this was the first Lego theme parked opened by Lego in March 1999, offering a lot of LEGO movies area like Explorer Island, Heartlake City, Fun Town, Miniland USA, Castle Hill, The Imagination Zone, Pirate Shores or Legoland Water Park.
4. SixFlags Magic Mountain – located in Valencia, north of LA, the park opened in 1971, being a 262 acre park, with 19 roller coasters, being the record holder for most roller coasters in an amusement park. You can choose from Roller coaster rides like Apocalypse: The Ride, Batman:The Ride, Canyon Blaster, Full Throttle, Goliath (one of the most famous, that was featured in episodes of Entourage), Ninja, The New Revolution or Tatsu.
5. Castle Park in Riverside was opened in 1976, being a 25 acre amusement park with 27 rides, including three roller coaster like Merlin’s Revenge, Scremin’ Demon and many more.
You have a lot of locations and parks to choose from in California, just be sure to come to the park in a relaxing outfit for you and your kids. Try choosing clothes that are relaxing for you as well, like a summer dress or with a simple top and cotton pants.
But most of all, try to have some fun there and enjoy a fun day with your kid a nice theme park.