You started to feel like it’s time for something new and extraordinary in your life? You know that it’s time for something that will change your life 180°? You feel like this is the time for you and your partner to have a baby? Congratulations! This is a huge step that will lead you to beautiful and unconditional love. But before the pregnancy heads-off, here are some tips that you should consider for the health of your future baby.
- Minimize the bad habits. It doesn’t matter if it’s alcohol, caffeine, junk food, you should decrease the consumption of these 3 in particular if you want a healthier baby. Another habit you might have and you should try to change is the chaotic eating program. It is very important to set a meal plan and to accustom your body with a certain eating program, so stop skipping the meals of a day.
- Fall in love with folic acid (folate). Most leafy green vegetables and whole grains are naturally full of it. The earlier you start, the lower the chances that your baby will develop neural tube defects. If you feel like this is not enough, the prenatal supplements are always available.
- Hello Omega-3 Fatty Acids. All studies show that Omega-3 is excellent for your baby’s brain development. So why should you waste another day and not eat foods that contain it? Aim for 1000-2000 mg a day and find it in: fish, walnuts, soy milk, fruit juices and chia seeds.
- Vitamins, vitamins. Besides the folic acid, other baby-making nutrients are vital for the development of your baby. Vitamin D and Calcium are just two nutrients on the short list that your body needs in the pre pregnancy period. Talk to your doctor about your intention of having a baby and he will lead you to the best choices.
- Full-Fat or Low-Fat Diary. As we wrote earlier, calcium is vital for the development of baby’s bones. Dairy products are essentials for preparing your body for pregnancy because you’re getting the necessary calcium and protein as well.
- Veggies and Fruits. The king and queen of all meals should consist in these two categories not only when you are gearing up for baby-making. It is well known that fruits and veggies provide a host of essential nutrients and antioxidants and help decrease inflammation in the body. Eat them as often as possible and be creative in their use. Just remember to always wash them first before eating them!